Becoming a Tenant
- Applications are accepted on our website only. Applicants are required to prescreen themselves using the criteria listed below and will need to meet all requirements listed.
- A full and complete application must be provided by each person over the age of 18 that will occupy the property. All minor children must be listed.
- A complete application must include a non-refundable application fee of $45.00 per adult, copy of your Drivers License, 1 Months recent pay stubs or proof of income, and picture of ALL pets (If any). Your application will not be processed until all are received. Copies can be dropped off at our office or emailed to Rentals@gunnpropertyservices.com.
- If approved a non refundable deposit to hold equal to half of one months rent will be required by 10:00AM the next business day.
- The deposit will be applied towards your first month’s rent and is non refundable.
- Applications will be processed as they are received. Typically this process takes 2 to 3 days depending on a number of factors. You will be notified of the progress via email. Please check your email often.
- To apply for one of our properties select your property of interest, Once selected click on the Apply online button at the top of the page.
Applications are accepted and approved on a first come first serve basis. Under certain circumstances properties will be advertised in advance of them becoming available to be seen in person. Applications will be accepted and approved site unseen. Please contact our office for further details if you have not already viewed the property at the time of application. Thank you
After submitting your application please check your email daily. This is the preferred method of contact for all items pertaining to your application.
Tenant Selection Criteria
Application Approval Requirements for Leaseholders
INCOME VERIFICATION +
- Your income must be verifiable through pay stubs, tax records and or bank statements.
- If you are self-employed, your income must be verifiable through financial statements, most recent tax returns or bank statements.
- Employment history must be verifiable for a minimum of 1 year with current employer and or minimum of 4 years total. Exceptions= if you are relocating to new employment within the same field of at least 2 years or retiring/retired.
- Applicants who do not meet the above employment or income requirements may still be approved with sufficient credit score and rental history. Additional security deposit might also be requested.
RENTAL HISTORY +
Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
You are responsible for providing us with information, including the name, address and phone numbers of landlords with the dates of tenancy for the previous 3 years.
Rental history must be verified from unbiased sources. (Not family members or relatives)
HOME OWNERSHIP +
Mortgage payment history may be considered. If you owned rather than rented your home during the previous 2-5 years, you will need to furnish mortgage company references and or proof of ownership or transfer.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY +
Maximum occupancy is 2 people per bedroom no exceptions
CREDIT REQUIREMENTS +
- To determine satisfactory credit worthiness we obtain a report from a credit-reporting agency.
- Credit card records showing occasional late payments of no more than 30 to 59 days may be acceptable.
- If you have credit problems or bad credit this does not necessarily disqualify you.
- Payments past due 60 days or more in the last 24 months may be cause for refusal of application. Medical Collections are not taken into account
- We may deny approval if you have filed for bankruptcy within the past 24 months.
- Any bankruptcy must have been discharged at least one year previous to the date of your application.
- Unpaid collections within the last 2 years may result in denial of your application.
- Outstanding debt to property managers or landlords will result in denial of your application.
- Tenants with less than good or fair credit may be required to pay additional security deposit
Tenants with Eviction with in the past 5 years will result in denial of your application.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK +
We do not Rent to anyone with Felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance within the last 7 years, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property for example, “arson”, within the last 7 Years. Sexual related offenses for any time period.
RENTAL CRITERIA FOR PETS +
Policies on pets may vary from home to home. Certain owners do not permit pets, others permit dogs only etc. All Pets require additional refundable deposit you can expect to pay anywhere from $150.00 to as much as one month’s rent per pet. Max of 2 pets per home. Picture of each pet must be provided. We do not permit dogs that are considered aggressive breed. Aggressive Dog Breed List
If misrepresentations are found after the lease agreement is signed, the lease agreement will be terminated.
Upon application approval your lease must start within 3 weeks. We will not hold properties for longer than 3 weeks after approval.