The Villages Property Management
We Specialize in Long Term Rentals in The Villages, Of both Furnished and Unfurnished Homes.
Benefits of using Gunn Property Services, LLC
- No setup or cancellation Fees
- No fees while Vacant
- No advertising fees
- No surcharge on maintenance or repairs by vendors
- In house Maintenance Staff (discounted labor and material costs)
- We Specialize in Property Management, we are not sales agents doing this part-time.
- Increased Occupancy Rates
- Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Higher Quality tenants
- Cloud based accounting software with Owner and Tenant portals providing 24/7 access
Get started with your FREE PROPERTY PRICE ANALYSIS by completing the form .
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Owner or Renter?
The Villages FAQ
My Property is new will you work with the Villages Warranty Department?Yes during the 1st year warranty period, we will work with The Villages Warranty Department directly for all items covered under warranty.
What is considered Long term Rental?Long-term rentals are considered any lease term longer than 6 months. Where Resort and State Sales Taxes are not required, for example, if a property is rented Short term in Lake County you would be required to pay a 4% Resort Tax and a 6% Sales tax on gross rent collected. With a long-term rental, neither of these taxes are applicable. (See the pros and cons or Short term vs Long term below)
What utilities will the tenant be responsible for?Rent will include Landscaping, Pest Control, Water, sewer, trash, and the amenity fee. The tenant will be responsible for the Electric, Gas if equipped, Internet, cable/phone. The Water, Sewer, Trash, and the amenity fee will stay in the owner's name as required by The Villages. Including these amenities in the rent along with the Landscaping and Pest control is the standard for all Villages properties and is recommended.
How are the Villages ID Cards obtained?We will handle all required paperwork with The Villages for the tenant to obtain their ID cards while renting the property. The Villages charges $50.00 for new ID cards, this fee is paid by the tenant directly to The Villages.
What should be provided to the tenant upon move-in:The following should be provided upon move-in: 2 Gate Access Cards, 2 House Keys (all doors should be keyed alike), 2 Garage door openers, a Garage door access code if equipped, and 2 Keys to the mailbox. If any of these items are lost by the tenant a replacement will be purchased and charged to the tenant.
Do we allow Pets?We recommend allowing one small pet under 25 lbs with all rentals as stats claim about 70% of renters own pets. Whether you allow pets or not is your choice. See standard options below.
Option 1 NO Pets
Option 2 Allow 1 Small pet under 25lbs
Long Term Rentals Refundable Pet deposit of $500.00 and Pet rent of $50.00 Per month
Pros and Cons of Long-term Vs Short-Term?
- No Sales or Resort taxes are required.
- Can be rented Furnished or Unfurnished
- Longer-term tenants mean less wear and tear on the home
- Typically rented 11-12 months of the year.
- Tenants pay for Electric, Gas if equipped, and Cable/phone or internet.
- Not available for the owner to use the home for part of the year as it is typically rented.
- Resort and Sales Taxes are to be paid on gross rent collected. (For example, homes located in Lake County will be required to pay a 6 % sales tax and a 4% Resort tax)
- Must be fully furnished and equipped.
- It could be vacant for several months of the year. Typically during the summer months.
- The rental price includes all utilities including cable/phone and internet
- Easier for the owner to stay or vacation in the home.
Please Note Gunn Property Services only provides Long term Rental Management.
Discover The Villages
The Villages is a master-planned age restricted community spanning areas of Lake, Sumter and Marion county. The Villages consists of approximately 50,000 homes and is the No 1 fastest growing community in the United States. The Villages has a strong rental market of seasonal and long term rentals because of its desirable location and amenities.